Finally getting back into the groove of life after all of the big changes that have happened recently. I have next to no time to work on this project these days, but that doesn't stop me from putting in an hour or two whenever I get the chance (which seems to be maybe once a week or so). Anyhow, in the time since my last tech-related post I've completely revamped the way meshes are loaded and the way materials and textures are handled and I really like how nice it has become.
I've also updated the engine to be initialized using an XML config file, which makes setting things up nice and easy. Getting the window created, mesh, textures, and shaders loaded, and everything rendering is done in just a dozen or so lines of code. With my lack of free time I may be moving a little slowly, but I am getting somewhere. Stay tuned for more updates.